Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Our Christmas Tree-a first glimpse

 Hello everyone, today I will show you a few pictures of our Christmas tree. I added some more things to it since these photos were taken, I just didn't take any pictures yet.



Our theme this year is white and silver. We made or touched up all ornaments ourselves. The tree looked absolutely awful in the German house-apparantly ceilings are higher here than in the US. In the US the tree touched the ceiling, whereas here it looked small and lost. I had to prop it up on a side table - I think it turned out well.


Santa sits on our antique German sled. He adds a pop of Christmas red to the display. The birch pieces we found on walks. The big latern we got a the German version of the dollar store as well as the lights and the candles. The big wrought iron candle stand I got from my landlord. Talk about repurposing stuff.


The letters are cardboard cut outs, I painted them white and then sprinkled glitter on them. I will post a tutorial soon.

We also spray painted the stars, bulbs, and deers silver. It is amazing what you can do with paint, I can't say it enough. Linking up here: Under the Table and Dreaming, Clean&Scentsible, Susan's, Stone Gable.
Cheers,

3 comments:

  1. This is really pretty Simone! I love the extra accents of the post, lanterns, the wood, and Santa w/ the sled. Gorgeous! I am partial to silver at Christmas, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely! Thank you for sharing at the hop xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you have a theme each year! And I'm all about words words words, so this is right up my alley. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I am so happy you are here! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. Hallo, ich freue mich das Du hier bist. Cheers, Simone and Bella Luna

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...