Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas Mantel - (Decorating with natural materials)


Happy 3. Advent! How is the Christmas hustle and bustle going for you ? I have started work this past week and boy am I hating life! Today I'm sharing the first part of my Christmas Mantel with you. In accordance with our theme this year (red and silver) I have added some red and silver pieces to the natural greenery I used.


I went out back and cut some pine branches from the tree (how convinient) and placed it atop the wooden beam. I added pine cones from back home and from AL. The deer used to be white, but I spray painted it.


The nuts, berries, and pears I collected on walks with Bella. Free is good. I spray painted some of the pine cones silver.


The silver Santa gives it a more refined look. The advent calendar I made and already showed it to you here. The birch wood is also collected from walks in the woods.


I spent all day today baking and cleaning-now I have to get crafting for gifts. Are you all set for Christmas? What do you think of my fire place decor? And don't forget to visit my Christmas round up post for more inspiration and ideas. Blessings,


Pin It

6 comments:

  1. I hope you are enjoying your Christmas in Germany. Nice to have a fireplace (& probably necessary)That's something we don't use much in Rotonda :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty. I love pine cones. They are so pretty and I have about a bajillion of them in my backyard.

    megan
    craftycpa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mantel is so pretty! I love your fireplace; it is so dramatic! Your chalkboard sign is adorable, too. I still have several presents to buy and wrap, and we also need to pack for Colorado. I have lots to do, plus our children both have exams next week!

    xoxoxoxo,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallo mein freund!!!! How are you? I have missed you. I love your Christmas decor and your fireplace looks so cozy and beautiful. I hope you are having a wonderful time in your new home.
    Fröhliche Weihnachten!!!
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your natural mantle! So smart to decorate with items found on your walk! Love your adorable dogs! I hope to one day own a doberman!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great fireplace! Love the sign counting down to Christmas. Such a fun idea. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I am so happy you are here! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. Hallo, ich freue mich das Du hier bist. Cheers, Simone and Bella Luna

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...