Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Leaf & nut windcatchers/mobiles {crafting with natural materials}

Hello and Happy Fall! Today I'm sharing a leaf mobile and an apple nut mobile made of natural materials. It is super easy to make and costs almost nothing. It would make a great kid project as well. I love decorating with materials from nature, and in the fall there is an abundance of choices out there. I get ideas when I'm out walking Bella. Leaves, berries, nuts, fruit, twigs and branches are just a few favorites of mine. For the first mobile all you have to do is collect colorful fall leaves and a medium sized branch. Take some twine and tie a knot onto each leaf stem until you reach your desired length. Make 5 strings of leaves and then tie them around the twig in regular intervals. You can use twine or crafting wire to hang the mobile.


Leaves
Nuts
Chestnuts
Apples
Twine/wire
Branch


For the nut apple mobile you start with the apple, wrap twine around it and then add leaves and nuts and tie it onto the branch. You can choose how long each string is and how many across you want to do. Et Voila! When you are done using the mobile you can hang it outside for the squirrel and birds to eat. Talk about eco friendly! I hope you are enjoying the cooler weather and the change of seasons. Linking up here and at Tipjunkie and Susan's.

6 comments:

  1. Very cool Simone! The apple nut mobile is my fave, although the leaf mobile would be so easy using my big maple leaves. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I Love the natural and rustic quality of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love it if you would link this to my link party, and any others you may have. Thanks, It just started :)
    http://diycraftstomake.blogspot.com/2011/10/whacha-got-weekly-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I love them both. Think I need one! ;) Thanks so much for sharing your creativity!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I am so happy you are here! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. Hallo, ich freue mich das Du hier bist. Cheers, Simone and Bella Luna

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...